Sunday, December 31, 2006

As sick as a dog...

It looks as though I will be finishing 2006 on a fine note. I am, or should I say we are, all as sick as dogs. Fortunately for me, Mick has been able to take some days off to help look after Tom. All I have wanted to do is sleep. And Tom has the awful cough too (well we all do actually), but he has been quite well in himself otherwise. He is actually sitting on my lap as I am typing this and it is taking everything he has in him not to reach the keyboard (which he did a while ago and deleted my first draft).

Did you catch that great movie on TEN last night, Riding in cars with boys? I love that movie and I love how Drew Barrymore's character's son Jason is like her buddy. It reminds me of Thomas and I. Luckily for us though our male figure in the household is not a drunken loser. For all Mick's good points, he continues to plod around the house doing odds and ends. If it were not for him, we wouldn't have any washing done and beds stripped or made (makes me sound lazy - hey). But I look after Tom.... that is a job in itself.

2 comments:

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

Hey Jodi,
Hope you are on the mend...
Have missed chatting with you on Sunday nights. Hope we get to catch up really soon.
Love Lisa

Jacqui said...

Hope your feeling better Jodi!