Friday, May 18, 2007

Things that give you warm feelings....

We took Tom to see his GP on Tuesday as I was worried about his breathing (I thought he had a bit of a wheeze). The doctor gave him the all clear in terms of his chest but did say he was breathing up. He prescribed him a liquid form of Ventolin (not that he has asthma at the moment) to help make it easier to breathe. We were told to keep an eye on it and bring him back the next day if we needed to. When I got home on Wednesday night, Thomas's grandmother told me that the doctor had rung. I returned the call but he was busy. The doctor rang me back around tea time to see how Tom was. I told him, in my opinion, Tom was good. He was certainly himself and was eating and drinking well. I did say I think he may have been a bit blocked up because of the chest but that it was better to be safe than sorry. The doctor recommended we just keep an eye on him anyway.

CERTAINLY A GP WORTH HANGING ON TO! HOW KIND IS HE!!!!!?????

2 comments:

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

Jode,
Sounds like the kind of doctor to treasure - they can be few and far between sometimes.

Hope Tom is feeling much better :-)

Hugs,
Lisa

Polished Peripherals said...

That is a great Dr, Jodi.
If you were closer I'd think we were seeing the same guy.
Our GP is like that. He asks us to email him updates.
We don't see him very often and when we do it's usually just for reasurance that we are doing the right thing (for a cold or something) but it's so nice that he gives us the extra care.
Hope Tom is all beda (Alex talk) soon.